You can mop up your drool now. I know, I know this desert is completely and utterly delectable but also incredibly naughty at the same time. It is such a great treat though, and really easy to whip up when you fancy a treat.
450ml Double Cream
4 Tablespoons caster sugar
3 Sheets of gelatine
1. Put the cream and sugar in a saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved. bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes, adding a few drops of vanilla extract.
2. Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water until they are floppy, and then squeeze out the excess water. Stir them into the hot cream until they are completely dissolved.
3. Pour the mixture into four metal dariole moulds, or if you don’t have them then you could use mugs, or egg cups. Cover with cling film and leave to set in the fridge. Note: you should always wait until things have cooled before putting them in the fridge, if you put them in the fridge straight away it can make bacteria grow.
4. To get the panna cotta out of the moulds, tip them upside down onto a plate and wrap a hot cloth around the moulds. If they are being stubborn, hold the mould onto a plate and shake hard!
5. Heating up the berries in a saucepan with a little fruit juice will give you a great tangy accompaniment.
P.s Apologies for the bad lighting in the pictures, I made these late at night!