Today is another quick post. I thought I’d share my recipe which has… only 290 calories. It serves 6, so if there is only two of you (like there is with us) then you can freeze it and defrost it later, or have it on your cornflakes the next day! (haha)
Okay so you will need:
500g beef mince (preferably lean)
1 tinned chopped tomato
Lea & Perrins
Additional Extras: garlic bread & cheese.
1. Fry the mince, diced garlic clove and chopped onion in a pan. For an even healthier option you can use turkey mince &/or boil the mince rather than fry.
2. When the mince has browned and the onion and garlic have softened, add the crumbled stock cube, chopped pepper, Italian spices, and a dash of Lea & Perrins. Make sure the ingredients are well mixed.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and a squirt of ketchup. For a healthier option you could use sauce and tomatoes with reduced sugar/salt. Simmer whilst the pasta is cooking.
4. Measure wholegrain/brown pasta into the pan – allow 75g per person. Obviously if you don’t like brown pasta you can have white, but the processed flours in white pasta is not as good for you! Boiled until the pasta is al dente and serve with the bolognese slathered on top!
5. If you want to, you can add cheese &/or garlic bread. If you want a healthier way of doing this – having mature cheddar will mean you need less and it is better than the softer cheeses. We always get a garlic bread that has reduced fat and salt as they taste just as good but are better for you!
Like all bolognese recipes, this one is best made in the morning and left to simmer over the day. If you don;t have time though it is still yummy made quickly! What are your favourite healthy recipes?