Matt and I really fancied some late night baking the other night, so we whipped up this baked cheesecake. You don’t need gelatine and it is super tasty!
1 tsp Mixed Spice
100g Melted Butter
500g Cream Cheese
160g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Strawberries (as many as you like)
1. Line a cake tin with greaseproof paper and preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Bash (that is a culinary term I’ll have you know!) the biscuits until they look like the image below, then add the butter (melted) and the mixed spice. Press into the tin.
2. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth. The eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
3. Dice the strawberries and then add to the mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for forty five minutes or until spring until the touch.
5. Leave to cool.
6. When cool, remove from the tin and decorate with strawberries. (You could also whip up a sour cream topping if you fancy. Just mix 250g sour cream, 3 tsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp caster sugar in a bowl, pour over the cheesecake and return to the oven for about five minutes.)
Don’t forget to keep the cheesecake in the fridge! It tastes delicious when chilled.