If you ever read my fitness posts, you’ll know that I love a good meal. Its such a shame that most of the tastiest meals are laden with calories. This meal is only 251 calories per portion and it is so tasty and light that I had to share it with you.
600g Cod (you can also use haddock)
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic puree/2 garlic cloves
Crusty bread roll chopped into 1cm cubes
2tbsp flat-leaf parsley
Peppers x 2
Feta cheese 100g
(the beer is optional!)
1. Preheat the oven to200 degrees/gas mark 6.
2. Mix 1tbsp of oil with the garlic, chopped parsley and the bread.
3. Rub paprika into the fish with a tiny bit of oil, adding seasoning.
4. You can use a jar of roasted peppers – which is faster and more convenient. We couldn’t find them in our local stores so we just used normal peppers! I prefer them nice and crunchy, so I just softened them for about two minutes on a medium heat with a little oil. If you like yours a bit softer, you could roast them in the oven.
5. Put the fish in a tray (skin side down if it has a skin) and then layer up the dish with the bread mixture, peppers and lastly the feta cheese. Add a dusting of paprika and pop in the over for 15 mins.
6. Serve! We had this with a crusty roll but you could have it with salad, rice, quinoa or couscous. You can add so many variations to this dish – changing or adding different types of fish, vegetables and herbs.